Panelists: 付文阁，前CEO, 中国华西希望集团
Managing Partner, China Opportunity Capital LLC
Moderator: Wei Zhao, Managing Director, Seatig Inc
Partner, China Opportunity Capital LLC
Date/Time: January 8, 2014 (Wednesday), 6:00 – 8:30pm
Agenda: Reception: 6:00 – 6:30pm (Refreshment will be served)
Panel discussion: 6:30 – 8:00pm
Networking: 8:00 – 8:30pm
Venue: 1 Penn Plaza, 50th floor, New York, NY 10019 (33rd St, btw 7th and 8th Ave)
Fee: $15 for premium members with promotion code/ $25 for regular member
Event Sponsor :
Real Estate Capital of America, Inc. (ReCap, www.ReCapNY.com)
Chairman and CEO, Beijing Hope Meihao Investment Management Limited Managing Partner, China Opportunity Capital LLC
Professor, China Agriculture University
Wenge Fu is one of the most influential figures in corporate strategies, business management, and investment in food and agriculture businesses in China. He is the Chairman and CEO of Beijing Hope Meihao Investment Management Limited focusing on investment and M&A businesses in Chinese domestic food and agriculture industry. He is also the Managing Partner of China Opportunity Capital LLC, a New York based boutique advisory firm for cross-boarder investment and M&A businesses in food and agriculture industry.
Wenge Fu is currently a professor and Dean of MBA Education Center of China Agriculture University. He is a leading scholar on the industry and his books are currently treated as the bible of industry research. He has been invited as speakers in many industry conferences and top universities world wide.
In 2005-2012, Wenge served the CEO of West Hope Group, one of the four subgroups of the Hope Group that ranks the largest Chinese private enterprise. Today, the Hope Group is a conglomerate with over 1000 subsidiaries and produces over $25 billion annual sale. Since the inauguration in 2005, Wenge has led West Hope Group to diversify out from a traditional agribusiness into many other industries such as Real Estate, Retail, Education, Energy & Chemical, and Travel. The corporation has more than quintupled its annual sale to about $3 billion under Wenge’s leadership and is now a mega company of over 170 subsidiaries and with over 13,000 employees.
Prior to joining West Hope Group, Wenge was a chief correspondent at the division of Economy at CCTV. He also served as Strategic Consultant at a few top Chinese companies. Wenge received Doctorate of Economics from Renmin University of China.
• Post Doctor, Dagong Global Credit Rating Co., Ltd
• Researcher, China Gold Market Research Center,Capital University of Economics and Business
• Researcher, Harmonious Society Research Center, Peking University
• Primary lecturer of Investment in Gold, Peking University HSBC Business School
• Traded the first futures contract of China commodity futures in the 1990’s.
• Columnist of Investment in Gold Column for Economic Information Daily, Xinhua News Agency
• Primary lecturer of Financial Investment in Gold for the following banks: Bank of China, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, China Merchants Bank, China Construction Bank, Shanghai Pudong Development Bank, Bank of Communication, Guangdong Development Bank. Shenzhen Development Bank, China Citic Bank, Evergrowing bank, and Bank of Beijing.
• Served as the principle trader of proprietary futures trading department and hedging department under COFCO in the 1990’s, while making hundreds of millions of dollars for the company.